The Alexander Technique is a holistic approach to physical and mental well-being.
It can give relief for pains and complaints, which are associated with an excess of muscular tension in the body:
- Neck pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Balancing and co-ordination problems
- Pregnancy-related complaints
- Stress and Anxiety
The Alexander Technique aims to increase the student’s physical awareness in order to release harmful tensions
- To enable ease of movement in work and play
- To bring relief from mental stress and strain
- To enhance performances in music, drama, dance and sports
The Alexander Technique is endorsed in the guidelines of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).